Sunday 15 December 2013

 Citation & Documenting Information Sources

week 4
The fourth chapter of information literacy course was about citation. This topic was focused on fiving credit to other’s work of literature, where a citation is provided if a research has article or document from others author. From this chapter I have learned that there are two types of citation which are:
1.       In text citation- where the citation is provided inside the text documentation
2.       Reference list0 where the citation is provided at the end of documentation article on a separate page at the end.
There are some rules of reference list which are:
a)      Is labeled references
b)      Starts at the top of a new page
c)       Continues page numbering
d)      Is alphabetical
e)      Is single spaced
f)       Uses hanging indent (1/2 inch).
All in all, I have learned that the purpose of citing other works is to give them credit of their work and to avoid plagiarizing their work. In addition, I have realized that when we are citing we must make sure of two things which are they are applicable in the citation of the author’s names and title of documentation. Moreover, In this topic, I have learnt the rules of the authors and titles and I have gotten a clear picture of these rules and I have learnt how to cite sources based on what I have learnt in this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment